My Bro is so Cool-but don't tell him



If you're reading this, chances are you know my bro is a *chef*. He doesn't like it when we call him that, but that's what he is. He creates food....you know, like an artist creates a sculpture. That's what he does. He cooks pretty good too. So he's been here, there and the other place (I think that was Italy) and is back in Philly. Good. California was too far for me to lug my kids to go visit....that and I'm afraid of earthquakes.

In the midst of being here, there and Italy-he's cooked up a reputation for himself as well as some awesome grub. Now he's getting the head billing at a new place called the Ressurection Ale House in Philadelphia. He's made the menu, cleaned the kitchen, got the suppliers for the food, etc. and dealt with the health inspectors and PALCB. So now all that's left is to actually COOK SOMETHING. He's getting antsy and if he finds out I'm writing about the new place, he just might throttle me. So don't tell him I told you.....just go to the website, sign up to get their newsletter or whatever it is and then when they open.....GO EAT SOMETHING.

I'm really proud of him and I think he might be living his dream.....so totally cool. Some days I can't manage to get dinner together, but he's got this RESTAURANT together. Holy crow, like where people go to eat and they aren't his family and they're paying him to cook. Wow. I wonder if he'll put his almost nearly famous "peanut- butter- and- jelly- all- mixed- up- in- a- bowl- not-quite- a- sandwich" mess on the menu. Probably not. I remember what it looked like....ewww.

Ok, so remember.....Ressurection Ale House-Gray's Ferry Road, Philadelphia. And DON'T tell him his sister sent you! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment